Choose one source which you feel was objective and reliable and one that was not, and explain why you chose the sources, and give reasons to explain your answers.

The Rebel                   Maclean's                      CBC                          Northern Public Affairs



The source that I feel was objective and reliable is CBC. I choose CBC because it is the biggest news broadcaster in Canada since 1941. I don't believe CBC has ever written an article or story about something that was false. They have credible sources and usually get information from a trusted variety of resources. CBC doesn't include personal feelings or opinions in their work and keep it all facts and reasonable information. CBC is very organized and caught up with current events and is a very reliable source.




The source I feel was not objective and reliable is The Rebel Media. I'm choosing The Rebel Media because I feel as the website was unorganized and very badly put together. The site did not state where they get their information from and claim that they "tell you the other side of the story" that "you wont get anywhere else" and I feel like that isn't necessarily trustworthy. I feel as the fundraisers, surveys and  merchandise shop are random for a website like this. Their content doesn't have a specific topic and its really about anything and everything they can find. I feel like articles like this one 34,000 Australians locked out, Big Brother’s Caitlyn Jenner allowed in - Rebel News, are very different than the other articles they have such as serious ones like this Russia invades Ukraine - Rebel News. I think The Rebel Media is just a unorganized website with unreliable information. 

Comments